$3,500 – $5,000
*(fees are plus expenses and subject to change)
Our mission by the end of the seminar is to have you prepared to meet the press. We give you a step-by-step game plan, that if followed, will result in positive media exposure. Without waiting for the media to call, we teach your management team how to set goals, prepare and conduct practice sessions on case studies we will prepare that are all to real, and that could happen. And, we coordinate this training with your first responders – police, fire and emergency services personnel. We assist you in preparing internal staff responses as well as external media responses for each potential crisis situation. You will practice and learn from actual scenarios.
This six hour interactive workshop-style seminar is divided into two sections. The first section discusses the media and techniques for working with radio, television and print media, and the second section focuses on implementing these techniques through practice.
In section one, you will learn:
- How to make sure your message is understood
- How newsrooms operate – the philosophy of news
- The reporter’s agenda versus your agenda
- What your body language says about you
- Effective public speaking techniques for any medium
- Theme and Bridging: Techniques for radio and television
- How to reduce the negative effects of any crisis
- How to humanize your company or organization in a critical situation
Want to host your own seminar for your association or organization?
Here’s how it works:
- Your organization “hosts” this seminar in your city.
- You provide the teaching facility/room.
- You send the invitations to your local community leaders: Police, Fire, Sheriff, Military, Hospitals, Hazmat, Transportation, Public Utilities, County Emergency Managers, City, County and State Officials, School Superintendents, as well as Chamber of Commerce members, and any others you would like to invite. – ( All forms are already done. All you have to do is place them on your letterhead, change date/location/contacts and send them out).
- These community leaders pay “The Center for Advanced Media Studies”, by check, purchase order, or credit card, $195 for the day long event. Just collect the registrations in a folder as they come in. After you’ve received just 25 paid registrations – the minimum – you may train all of your own personnel for free. (If less than 25 register, you may make up the difference from your own budget and still send all of your personnel at no additional cost).
Your organization emerges as a “community leader” by bringing this world-class seminar to your community leaders at just $195 per person, and at little or no cost to you. It’s truly a “win-win” situation for all concerned, and a very simple, proven, and cost-effective way of meeting all of your community leaders and practicing for crisis events together before they happen! Please contact me to discuss this hosting option, so that we can pencil in a date for you.